Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Update from Franklin, Tennessee

Our little family has gotten a little settled in now. Tyler has started the 2nd grade here at Moore Elementary. He has such an awesomely sweet teacher. She is a red head and expecting twin baby girls in October. Ty loves her and says the playground at school is the coolest one he has ever seen. He is making some new friends, but definitely misses his friends in Opelika. He talks about his "Opelika friends" almost everyday.

Kenny is working 3rd shift at Academy Sports and Outdoors. He really enjoys working there.

Now, I have changed jobs. The nanny job was great but short-lived. The family decided that aren't in need of a nanny since the mom works at home and the father is not working at the moment. So...I quickly went on the job hunt. Luckily I found a job overnight after going on craigslist and started responding to posts left and right. The next day, had an interview and later that afternoon accepted a position at The Center for Natural Medicine as a receptionist (phones only). Since taking the job at the end of May, I have moved into a new position handling patient flow and helping with ionic treatment. I love it!!

We have a little bit more to do to say that we are settled.
1. Find a church to call home.
2. Find some friends. (Will come when we find a church.)
3. Find a bigger place to live in. (We have some prospects in mind.)

I am proud to say that we are...HAPPY living here. We can't wait to get a start on expanding our little family but that too will come when the time is right.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are liking TN! Especially that Tyler loves his teacher and new school!

We will definitely be praying for you as you search for a church home and start making new friends. I know it can be hard. Reid and I are just now making friends (as a couple) and getting plugged in at our church finally so I can totally relate to longing for some new close relationships. I just joined a bible study with some other girls at my church and it's so nice to have girl talk again..it's been like 5 years since I've had some girlfriends!

Please know that you are definitely welcome at our church (and our home) any time, even though I know it's a bit of a drive for you! I don't know much about churches over in the Franklin area, but I've heard good things about Crosspoint church downtown if you want to check it out.

We love you and are praying for you!! We are so glad you are in TN!