Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Is been a Year!!

Wow!! It has been a while!! Well...almost a year has gone by. I apologize to anyone who reads my blog. It has been a great! I have been enjoying every bit of our little family!

Brief update: 

Kenny is still working at Academy Sports. I am still at Cool Springs Back and Neck Care. I am about to take my boards for my limited xray license at the beginning of April. (insert Eeeek!! here) We bought our first mommy vehicle, Honda Odyssey, recently. I love it. Now, I don't know what I would do without it.

(all professional pics below are by Mari Wilkes Photography)

Tyler is about to go on Spring Break in 2 weeks. This school year is flying by. I will have a 5th grader before I know it. 10 year old boys are interesting. He is gettting closer and closer to becoming a teenager everyday. Overall he has been a pretty easy going pre-teen. Fun to hang out with when he is around and not outside with friends. He has been pretty healthy and growing up fast. He is the best big brother. We took Tyler to his first concert in February. We took him to a Shinedown concert. He loved it! Just finished playing  basketball, which is our first rec league sport since moving here. He will be playing baseball in the upcoming months. Super excited about that.


Ashton is soooo much fun! He is a small 1 yr old, weighing about 19lbs now at 14 months. Not saying there is anything wrong that but much smaller than Tyler was at his age. He started crawling around 11 months. He got off the bottle around his birthday. Since his birthday is at Christmas, we spent the holiday and his birthday in Opelika at my parents house. He unfortunately sick with what seemed to be like the flu throughout it all. He has battled the flu, stomach bug, and ear infections since his birthday. 
He has not started walking yet. And I am quite alright about this. Not ready for that milestone yet. Although he does walk around the coffee table and along the couch while holding on. He has started saying a couple words like Ma-ma, Da-da, Bu-ba, Hi, and Bye Bye. Waves and points. Loves patty cake and peek a boo. He hasn't been sleeping in his own bed since before his birthday. But will soon be breaking this habit when he gets his own room. He is a momma's boy but loves his daddy and Bubba too! 


Ashton and Tyler have such a wonderful relationship. Tyler is an amazing big brother. Always willing to help out as long as he doesn't have to change a diaper. They are getting closer and closer the older and more mobile Ashton gets. Tyler is now able to play little games with him and loves every minute of it. Ashton loves the interaction with Tyler as well. These boys are my life and I wouldn't change any bit of it!!


After First Haircut (day before birthday)

Beach Trip back in July

Franklin Christmas Parade


No comments: